Tuesday 9 October 2007

Taniwha Rachael

Nadia and I thought long and hard about what image to upload here. After two days in New Zealand, we've seen snow capped peaks, rolling green hills and shining blue glacial lakes, however, sod all that we thought. What you really want to see is a picture of Taniwha Rachael - the camper van that will be our home for the next 3 weeks. (a Taniwha by the way is a kind of Maori dragon - that big orange thing painted on the side.)

To be honest I wasn't that enamoured at first at the prospect of spending the next 21 days without electricity or a proper bed however I was convinced by Nadia that this was the authentic travelling experience. Besides, I now get to pretend that I'm either driving Mr T's van out of the A-Team or the Mystery Machine out of Scooby Doo. Either way I win.

So 2 days into NZ and the first reaction is, it's a trifle cold but no matter. We spent a day acclimatising in Christchurch before heading to Lake Tekapo and Mt Cook today. I think we're off to see some perfectly rounded boulders tomorrow - I'm sure they will be more interesting than they sound.

More to follow soon.

1 comment:

The Drury Family said...

The luxurious accommodation looks fab! Don't forget to check for spiders!!